Allied Electrical Christmas Lighting Installation
It’s not really Christmas until the decorations are up, whether that’s a traditional wreath on the door or extravagant Christmas lighting display.
If you’re dreading the thought of venturing into the loft, untangling your lights and getting the step ladder out to scale the house this festive season, we can help!
We understand that you might not have the time, equipment, skills (or patience) to put your Christmas lighting up safely, so why not let one of our fully trained electricians do it for you?
Whether you’re a home or business owner, we can provide a personalised, hassle-free Christmas lighting installation service.
Our Christmas Lighting Installation Service
Unlike many dedicated Christmas decorators, we’re qualified electricians – meaning we can advise on and carry out any additional electrical work that may be required to install your lighting correctly; whether that’s an additional circuit with RCD protection or new waterproof external power outlet.
Our Christmas lighting installation service includes:
- Initial design conversation to discuss your requirements including the style lighting, power outlets available and where you’d like them installed. This may include a site-visit should you require a more intricate design.
- One of our fully qualified electricians will then come to your home or commercial premises and put your lighting up – these can be your own lights or we can provide them for you.
- In the unlikely event that any maintenance or repair is required to the lighting throughout Christmas, we’ll be on hand to help.
- After the festive period, our electricians will come back to your property to take down the decorations.
Specialised Service for Commercial Premises
If you own commercial premises that are frequently visited by customers and clients, you’ll want to make sure you make the right impression. Commercial premises we’ve worked with before include:
- Office space.
- Shopping centres.
- Restaurants, bars and cafes.
Whether it’s a few lights in the window or an extravagant display, we have the tools and expertise to handle any job big or small.
What’s more, we abide by all relevant Health and Safety legislation and we’re Which? Trusted Traders and NICEIC approved electricians, so you can be sure that any electrical work carried out is done to the high governing standards of these organisations.
How Safe are your Christmas Lights?
You’ve probably used the same set of bulbs in your home or business for as long as you can remember, but how safe are they?
Traditional lights such as filament or lantern lights get very hot and are prone to breakage, increasing the risk of a fire particularly if they’re wrapped around a Christmas tree. So, what’s the solution?
Modern LED lighting is recommended as a replacement for traditional Christmas lighting by the electrical safety council. Using LED lights holds a number of benefits including:
- Significantly reduced chance of getting an electric shock, this is because LEDs operate on a very low voltage.
- Using up to 90% less energy to run, LED lighting can mean significant savings on energy bills.
- Made from very durable materials, the risk of an LED breaking is much lower than traditional lighting. This is not only safer but also offers better value for money.
- LEDs produce ‘cold light’, meaning they don’t get hot in use. This reduces the risk of a fire or burn.
- LEDs are generally a lot brighter than traditional lighting, making for an even better display.
- The longer life and energy usage coupled with the fact that LEDs are usually recyclable all contribute to a reduced carbon
For more information on electrical safety, check out our blog on the importance of electrical safety awareness at Christmas.
Your Local, Friendly Electrician
If you’re dreading the thought of putting up your Christmas lights this year or want to make your commercial premises stand out with an intricate display, we can help!
For more information, or to ask a question about how to safely install your own Christmas lights, give us a call today on Bristol: 0117 303 9000 Bath: 01225 683 056 or fill out a contact form below and we’ll get back to you.